Choose language

Forgot your password?

Need a Spoofbox account? Create one for FREE!

No subscription or hidden extras

Login

#thread

Read through the most famous quotes by topic #thread

The African-American experience is one of the most important threads in the American tapestry.

Bill Frist

#american #american experience #experience #important #most

Someone once told me the one thread that runs through them all is a premium on personal courage - not intellectual courage, but just plain physical courage.

Walter Lord

#intellectual #just #me #once #personal

Habit is a cable; we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we cannot break it.

Horace Mann

#cable #cannot #day #each #habit

As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

John Mason

#gold #moment #thread #time #valuable

I think love is the through line and it's universal and it doesn't matter what period of time, time or place, or people, that's something we all connect to. That's the thin thread that I think keeps it altogether.

Rachel McAdams

#connect #i #i think #keeps #line

The Lewis and Clark tale has all the all the elements that one would want to put into a movie. It has the, continual threat for life; it's got the thread of Indians; it's got disease. It has daily risk where these men may go under the water. It's got the fight with the elements. It's got the el the role of the unknown continually threatening them.

William Least Heat-Moon

#continual #continually #daily #disease #elements

I'll always stay connected with Apple. I hope that throughout my life I'll sort of have the thread of my life and the thread of Apple weave in and out of each other, like a tapestry. There may be a few years when I'm not there, but I'll always come back.

Steve Jobs

#apple #back #come #connected #each

He cannot freshly harm me here, and for that I am grateful, but the harm he previously inflicted reverberates and grows. There is nothing to heal it but time. Even here, there is no other cure for heartbreak. I wish that death were a magical cure for all that ailed my spirit in life; it is one more thing I expected and found false. I arrive with the same baggage I carried with me in life. There is nowhere to lay it down here either, no more than a woman with child can lay aside her babe before its birth, for it is within me. I am as I was, just not encumbered with flesh.

Nell Gavin

#death

You know, I'm very particular about my sheets. They have to be one hundred percent cotton, with a high thread count. Only cotton. No flannel.

Ryan Murphy

#cotton #count #flannel #high #hundred

Even though I don't write about things that come from my life because I'm lucky, and I live in a great place with great kids and, you know, a great husband, I think you can find threads of me in the characters, so that's really what being a writer is, probably.

Jodi Picoult

#because #being #characters #come #even