Choose language

Forgot your password?

Need a Spoofbox account? Create one for FREE!

No subscription or hidden extras

Login

#thread

Read through the most famous quotes by topic #thread

I have designed my style pantomimes as white ink drawings on black backgrounds, so that man's destiny appears as a thread lost in an endless labyrinth. I have tried to shed some gleams of light on the shadow of man startled by his anguish.

Marcel Marceau

#appears #backgrounds #black #designed #destiny

We don't accomplish anything in this world alone... and whatever happens is the result of the whole tapestry of one's life and all the weavings of individual threads form one to another that creates something.

Sandra Day O'Connor

#alone #another #anything #creates #form

Every night is different, a ball of thread that unrolls differently.

Jane Siberry

#different #differently #every #every night #night

There is a kind of invisible thread between the actor and the audience, and when it's there it's stunning, and there is nothing to match that.

Maggie Smith

#audience #between #invisible #kind #match

The memories of men are too frail a thread to hang history from.

John Still

#hang #history #memories #men #thread

I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets.

Hamlin Garland

#breath #cedar #dawns #fragrant #hundred

The people of our city are holding on by a thread. Time has run out. Can we survive another night? And who can we depend on? Only God knows.

Ray Nagin

#city #depend #god #holding #holding on

The strongest continuous thread in America's political tradition is skepticism about government.

George Will

#america #continuous #government #political #skepticism

It was the biggest suppression of voting rights in our country's history since Jim Crow. And the thread of race runs from the beginning to the end of my book.

Sidney Blumenthal

#biggest #book #country #crow #end

The biggest lesson that I've learned is that fashion is this tightrope where you have to be consistent but inconsistent. You need the connective thread but at the same time you need a sense of surprise.

Michael Kors

#biggest lesson #consistent #fashion #i #inconsistent